Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Singapore Air's new business class seats... F for FAIL!

After more than five hours of flight, we finally landed. I got up from my seat with a back pain.

Economy class syndrome? No, Singapore Airlines' new business class seat on a 777-300ER to Seoul!

I know. I shouldn't complain, and I am not, really. Just I feel that with all the money SIA has invested in the new seats, which the airline claims to be the widest in its class -- the fares it charges -- and with all the hype around the new seating arrangement, where all seats have access to the aisle, I expected something really... "unique".

Alas, the first "shock" was that the seats recline "only" about 45 degrees. The alternative is to call a flight attendant and ask to turn it into a flat bed. Fantastic if you are flying by night, impractical if you just want to take a short nap or just stretch a little. And about stretching, if you want to do it, you have to sit sideways. YES sideways... That's how I got my back ache...

Will I fly it again? Given a chance, any time. Much better that coach!

No comments: